Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome to the world of debt...

My financial aid package arrived on Wednesday. It actually is quite promising. My loans are all Federal, so the interest rates are good - I won't need any alternative loans or PLUS loans. Plus there's some scholarship money in there which helps a lot.

It's a solid investment, but debt scares the heck out of me. I know I've been blessed to keep out of it this long. Here goes a new horizon - as I sign my life away :)

In other news, today is the last Preview Day I'll be a part of at WCU. I'm actually in the office instead of in the middle of it, which is probably a good thing. I get sort of sentimental over these things. Today marks my 8th one, and it's really odd knowing I won't be here in July for the next one.

God's walking beside me and leading the way. I know I'm doing the right thing. I just wish leaving didn't have to hurt so bad.

2 comments:

chasingzebras said...

I was lucky enough to stay out of debt in undergrad too. Now I've just embraced it :) I know they tell you not to take out the entire amount, but I always take out as much as I can (along with most of my classmates) and still always run out of money the last month or two. Can't wait to see you around!

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of friends who just finished med school and they owe just over 100k ! I do worry about debt.