Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last week

Last week of work. It's bittersweet- the long weekend totally ruined me and made me look forward to the sleeping in days, but of course I'm going to miss everyone here. Seems like forever ago and just yesterday that I got the news I was accepted and decided on May 29th as my last day of work.

I'm so excited to get moved and settled in to a routine. Looking forward to spending my days in the lecture halls, and really looking forward to being in the hospital/clinic again. In post-bacc and master's work, there were times I felt l couldn't do any more. Those days, I shadowed or volunteered.. found a place where I was needed, made a difference, and remembered the reason for all the work. It never failed, the next morning I was good to go again. To touch just one child is to make a difference - to touch so many is something I stand in awe at. I saw one of the kids I assisted on in the NICU last summer recently - she's a bright, happy, healthy one year old that is doing so well. It's amazing to see miracles in action.

Work is busy so far this week, which is good. The days and goodbyes won't drag.

Please keep me in prayer this week as I get ready to say my goodbyes/see-you-laters to a world I've become so accustomed to over the past six years. Also please be in prayer for a special little boy who is fighting for his life in the Batson PICU. I've grown to love him through his blog alone, and I can only imagine the wonderful person he truly is. I'm sure his family would appreciate any extra prayers you guys can afford to him.

0 comments: