Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to My Mom

Happy Mother's Day... to my mom and all of you out there who are moms, surrogate moms, or any other inspirational woman in my life... I love you all. We had a great, quiet weekend and mom had a really good day.

I have completed all of the preliminary financial aid paperwork and it is signed and sealed. Also applied for my MPN today. It is fabulously easy to borrow money for med school... almost scary how easy it is.

The rest of the checklist is:
-Last shots due 6/1
-TB test/physical form June
-Dentist & Eye Doc - 6/1 & 6/2 (I'm going to 24 hour contacts for convenience on dry-eye days)
-Hair Appt - 6/3
-Family/friend going away party - 6/6
-Move 7/3

One of the doctors that helped a lot with my shadowing, letters, and overall encouragement during this journey so far is going to stop by the party for a little while... that means a lot to me.

This is going to be a busy, busy week at work. Award Ceremony Hell, some may call it. I'm only covering three this week (one tomorrow night, two on Friday) but all of the recruiters have one behind the other. In addition, finals finish up Monday and Tuesday, so there are more goodbyes to be said this week. The summer work studies are off, preparing for and taking finals, so I'll be covering tours this week too (and reverting to my undergrad days... sigh). And V (my coworker's daughter) has her chemistry final in high school next week, and the crazy teacher is giving a test THIS week as well... so I'm tutoring Monday. A classic case of crazy teacher who probably is really smart but can't explain anything... I'm no teacher, but she's really smart and picks up quickly when we go over things. He must be THAT bad, because I know I'm not THAT good.

I hope everyone has a fabulous week! Hang in there all of you newly minted M3 step-studiers :)

1 comments:

chasingzebras said...

When I saw "physical" on your to do list I had a flashback to my first medical "perk." I went to get my physical for entry to school and told the doctor why I was getting it. When I went to pay, they said two magic words - "No charge!" I felt like I was in some sort of magical fraternity :)