Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend mental health break

The week was... interesting. I can't say unexpected as everyone had told me exactly what to expect from this service, but it was fairly exhausting nonetheless. I had this overall dream world place in my head where psych=sleep... and that hasn't really been the case yet. Two more weeks on this part of the service.

This weekend I took a mental health break and headed south as soon as I got the OK from 7W to do so. Friday afternoon/evening traffic leaving Jackson is always a joy (and a main reason I usually get up early Saturday morning and drive down) but I wanted the extra sleep and extra time at home. I managed to be caught in the Pearl High School Football convoy alllll the way to the Laurel exit (SN: did Pearl win whoever they were playing? I feel like we bonded in that hour..)

I got to get LOTS of baby love which is all the mental health break I needed. Somehow the world just melts away when I'm holding that little boy and he's slobbering on me. Quote of the weekend was my dad looking at him and saying "You're really going to fix those for a living?". He always can make me laugh.

Today was his church dedication - I was grateful to get to be there, and it was very exciting for our little college family to come together for the occasion, minus a couple. It's amazing how much things have changed - and on the other hand - stayed the same over the last 8.5 years.

And the best part? Seems like Sam's doing a real good job of keeping us all together. I fall more in love with that little boy everyday... and I'm blessed beyond measure to be his aunt.

0 comments: