Monday, September 26, 2011

Welcome to 7th floor....

The Psych Sorting Mug (yes, we picked out of a mug) was good to me. #12. This means I spend the first three weeks on 7 West (General Inpatient Psych) and the second half of the rotation on 7 East (Med/Psych). Overall, orientation went smoothly complete with a three hour lunch break.... M and I treated ourselves to Corner Bakery (complete with cookies that we saved for during the afternoon's lecture). Yes, you read that correctly... lecture. They suckered us into two hours of lecture while we were orienting. After all the sitting about and "learning", we went on a tour of Seventh Floor... and I can't lie, I've been in lock-down units before (South State Hospital), but it's always a little creepy, and a little sad.

Even though I have no interest in psychiatry as a profession, I'm looking forward to the next six weeks.... learning how to deal with people on the edge, and hopefully helping bring them back.

Did I mention our mornings start at 8 AM? I think this is gonna be a nice breakrotation.

1 comments:

K said...

Hi! Just found your blog through student doctor network. Very interesting! :) Thanks for writing! keep up the great work! :)