Thursday, July 23, 2009

Book list & Insurance...

Today I got the book list - met up with K at the bookstore, that was kind-of fun and unexpected. We were both ISBN and good price searching. Seems to have worked out well. Haven't ordered a lot b/c I'm going to meet with my buddy first and see her recommendations. I did order a few essentials, and I picked up my DISSECTION KIT!!! at the bookstore. (Sorry, getting a bit excited here). Funny thing is - the dissection kit doesn't seem very complex... I keep wondering how in the HECK these tiny hemostats are going to be good for anything.

Tomorrow morning I report to the VA for some kind of fun fingerprinting of sorts. Should be entertaining if nothing else.

11 days til orientation!!

5 comments:

frylime said...

shoot me an email if you ever want more advice! it's on my blog...

make sure you get plenty of blades..they dull real quick.

Laura said...

Buy a box of blades online to fit your scalpel...they're way cheaper than buying them at the bookstore. And you can either sell them to your classmates or just share them.

And as for books, definitely ask around...and ask people that may reflect what kind of student you are. For example, I hate textbooks and rarely go to class...but some of my friends never miss and read every word...it will really depend on your learning style.

OleMissBabyDoc, M.D. said...

Thanks guys! :)

Laura said...

See what number scalpel you have (the one included in your dissection kit)... it should be a metal handle with a number imprinted on it (like 10 or 13 or something). Then just google scalpel blades. You can get them in like a box of 10, 50, or 100. I think they're 50 cents apiece at the bookstore. The number you'll need is related to which dissections you do...and they've changed that up since we came through. But a box of 25 or a couple of boxes of 10 would work fine.

OleMissBabyDoc, M.D. said...

I appreciate it! :):)