Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An overdue update...

Things are going well here in Jackson. Friday I reported to the VA with my fellow F-H's. What a treat that was... three hours of fingerprinting, signing forms, and wondering what we had gotten ourselves into. (I would assume that orientation will be just as enlightening, only 4 days long..) They sent us home with this fun e-qip thing to fill out and about a hundred references of character to get (okay, i'm exaggerating, but only slightly). I tried to log on to it all weekend to no avail. Monday I called and come to find out they had spelled my name wrong in the system and that's why I couldn't get in! I was able to log in, change my name, fill out all the forms, etc.

Dad came up for the weekend. We had a good time. Just ran around a bit, showed him the school, etc. Monday I went to Batson and got a tshirt and badge holder...

Tuesday I had an appointment with my new doctor up here, Dr. P. He's wonderful. It was a bit of a stress to get established as I had to do some tests and such (and UMC is a MUCH bigger place than my previous hospitals/clinics). Kinda funny to be a patient before a student, but whatever it takes I suppose. It's nice to know I have a doc and I can call (or Student Health can) if I need him. Plus, he's probably going to be teaching me at some point in M3-M4 years... so... (it's never a bad idea to start knowing people that could possibly write LORs at some point!)

It's been raining a lot this week. I think the sun is finally coming out, so I may run around a bit this afternoon. I haven't done much shopping lately!

Five days to go!

1 comments:

tinyletters said...

They'll call your references too. I had friends call and ask why the government was asking them questions about me... ha ha