Friday, July 10, 2009

Less than one week!

One week from today I will be utterly exhausted from unpacking... It's surreal that it's time to go. Mom's headed up and we're going to finish packing this weekend. Tomorrow morning it is massage time, yay!!

I'm already tired from all the last minute get-togethers and there are several more to come. Praying the transition is fairly easy and that homesickness doesn't kick in before I have a chance to get comfortable up there.

I talked to a doctor friend yesterday who told me that the hardest part of med school is the month before med school - when you've invested in this future you know nothing of and you are fabricating horror stories about what is to come. He says it gets better once you realize that you're basically just back in the lecture hall - with new people and less pressure for a 4.0. It was a refreshing insight into the world of medicine I needed at the time, and even if it isn't true, I choose to live in my delusion for the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please keep me in your prayers.Thank you so much for your support.
Your patients will be blessed to have you as a doctor.

TheMitt said...

Look forward to having you in Jackson. I hope all of the packing goes well, and let me know if you need any help with the move.