Thursday, August 6, 2009

One time, in med school orientation...

So far, I've learned...
1) Orientation is incredibly boring and long-winded
2) Everyone really wants us to succeed, which is nice. The scaring the pants off of us has been kept to a minimum.
3) I am entitled to, and now own, the infamous white coat. It was an absolutely WONDERFUL evening - one that I will never forget. For indeed it was in that moment that I married this career and set forward on my journey.

Tomorrow is 8-1 and then we have been sufficiently oriented and are free to begin class. Monday morning. 8 am. See ya there.

3 comments:

TheMitt said...

Do you agree that Dr. Shapiro's presentation was bizarre? It was incredibly weird to hear him quote a good bit of the book, word for word. It didn't sound right, but I guess it was entertaining (and I loved the book).

Lena said...

I want to see a picture of you in the infamous white coat!!!

OleMissBabyDoc, M.D. said...

TheMitt - Yes, I agree. Although being a sappy female and all, I liked the presentation just as much and STILL almost cried when he talked about his little girl. Ha. We talked with him a while before the ceremony and he is just an amazing (and inspirational) speaker!

Lena - The pics are on facebook :)