Saturday, June 6, 2009

Family

I have the most amazing, quirky, crazy, supportive, and loving family support network ever. The party was fun and it was wonderful to see everyone.

Dr. F came and brought me his personal copy of "On Doctoring" from his white coat ceremony. That was so neat to me - he wrote a note in it and made sure to give me some extra heartfelt advice even in the midst of the party. There have been several doctors I've shadowed that really helped me along, but he's probably the one that meant the most - that I was the closest to. Even though I'm not necessarily planning on staying in his specialty, I learned oh so much from him. And age wise, he's the youngest I shadowed so it was easier to relate to him...

Several heartfelt cards, and a book that I intend to read every word of. I can't wait to be that mentor for another young medical student, when I pass on my copy of "On Doctoring" to a new generation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you are excited.When do you start Gross anatomy ?

OleMissBabyDoc, M.D. said...

According to last year's schedule (it may change slightly after curriculum committee meets this month), we'll start gross on the second Tuesday of classes, about a week in. I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

Once done with the mcat, I wanna start looking at some Gross anatomy books.