Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One week closer..

Another week has passed. My physical is complete and I'm mailing my paperwork off in the next day or two.

Mom and I are headed up to Flowood this weekend to furniture shop at some awesome store called Miskellys. Apparently the store is large enough to have a carousel inside. Surely I'll be able to find living room furniture here. I figure it'll be easier to buy it there and have them deliver direct rather than buy it here and then move it.

I ordered some school supplies today - highlighters by the dozen/2 dozen (My four favorite colors to use, of course), several packs of 500 count index cards, and post-it flags. All of these things I have heard are wonderful commodities for med school.

Our M1 schedule is out and I went by Office Depot and bought my planner. I spent the last two days color-coordinating the first year of my medical career life (at least the preliminaries). It's already pretty full... Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze "Study" in there somewhere..

I'm also going to get back on the running wagon this week as I've been awful lazy lately. Everyone told me to spend my summer doing "next to nothing", and I've taken them literally!

2 comments:

R said...

You will LOVE Miskelly's. It will take you about 5 hours just to walk through the store. They even have a restaurant in there!

Laura said...

Try Miskelly's Roomstore (just across Airport Road from the main Miskelly's store) on Hwy 80. They have some stuff that is a bit cheaper (but still good b/c it's still Miskelly's!) or more "hip" than some of the stuff in the main store...or at least it's more concentrated. I live very close to them...there's sort of a furniture alley over there with an Unclaimed Freight, mattress stores, a D.Noblin, and a few other furniture/related stores.