Friday, June 12, 2009

The continuation of a summer of nothing...

This week, I got back to town and then went to M & S's (brother-in-law and sister) for a few days. S and I had a wonderful time - M is out of town with the youth on a Fuge trip, so we got to spend three days living like we were in college again. I miss them already and haven't even moved yet.. right now, I'm only about 20 minutes from her at any given time..

I'm sad that I keep missing pre-orientation fun (Free Clinic orientation, Habitat stuff, etc)... different members of the class are really starting to bond and it sucks that I'm not able to be there much yet. Oh well, I suppose there'll be plenty of time for bonding come August 4th as we spend the next 4+ years together.

Hopefully I'll have time the second half of July to squeeze in a little mentoring time with my buddy and get together with K... and maybe J + D as well. Then it'll be off to the races.

Tomorrow I'm going to eat with my friend A and we may do some shopping/looking. After I sleep in of course - my sister is a notorious early riser, which means I've kept her up late and she's gotten me up early since Wednesday!

Prayer requests: As usual, all the babies fighting for life in the NICU at FGH (that unit has such a special place in my heart); my brother in law and the youth at Fuge, continued help with goodbyes and anxieties about relocating, and a few unspokens. Thanks guys! :)

1 comments:

chasingzebras said...

Get excited. It's almost here!