Saturday, September 4, 2010

doctorspeak

Sometime in the last two months, something changed. Not only are we beginning to think like doctors, we're also beginning to talk like doctors - and not in the awkward "using big words because we just learned them" way of last year. Nope. Instead, doctorspeak has become almost as comfortable, if not more so, than the common English that I've been speaking for 25 years. For example:
CC: 25yo WF presents for occasional "heart racing".
HPI: Sxs appear seasonally, with peaks in September and December/January
Physical: Normal findings... (lots and lots of three letter abbreviations)
Dx: Football FEVER!!!!!!!

Why yes, my friends, it is officially football season! As if this week needed help getting any more fun and less school productive? :)

Other things that happened this week outside the realm of study central:
-First PIG meeting on Thursday. I think it went pretty well :), and i've tweaked the sticky parts so that next month's is even smoother
-Easely Amused Thursday night was AMAZINGLY fun. Our painting "Sweet Georgia Brown" looked pretty tough, and I have no artistic ability.. so I was a little bit nervous about that. But it was super fun, turned out really well, and is definitely an experience I'll repeat.
-Mommy's birthday yesterday... we had a good time hanging out/catching up. Family is something that too often gets neglected during this process (especially last year) and I'm grateful that I've found a better balance so far this year.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL long weekend!

0 comments: