Friday, September 24, 2010

Foreman: "Now all we have to do is read her subconscious and hope that it's completely rational and went to med school."

Test block OVER!!! What a week it has been. The title of this entry, although intended towards a patient in an episode of House totally describes a majority of our professors and their approaches to test questions. I'm just relieved to be on the other side, and super excited about a school free weekend. So far, it holds promises of lots of food, friends, football and fun. Going to my first college game tomorrow night - pretty excited about that. Tonight is going to be low key... I've got about enough energy left to lift my head off the pillow and look at the computer screen (and that's pushing it!) even after a couple hour nap.

I can't say the week was pleasant, but it was much easier considering the fact that M moved in and we muddled through it all together. How you'd do this without a best friend beside you, I have absolutely NO idea.

In personal news, one of my very good friends from home has officially announced her pregnancy - I'm so happy for her and her husband. They are going to make wonderful parents. I was lucky enough to be in the wedding, and if all goes well (and baby stays put til his/her due date), I may be lucky enough to be beside her on this big day too - it falls at the very end of April, so I'm going to have to have a talk with Peanut and convince him/her to wait until after finals, but soon after, so that it isn't close to fourletterword test day.

Looking forward to October. Fall is in the air (somewhere), I'm making another trip to Easely Amused (Starry Starry Night by Meg, the artist...), and there will not be one single test. Much different than Blacktober last year. All my prayers and well wishes are already with the M1's. Other projects for October involve a day or two back in the NICU and some more research on the longitudinal study that Dr. K and I were looking at starting toward the end of the summer. Crazy how quickly the year is passing.

This could quite possibly be the most boring blog post ever. Just wanted to let y'all know I hadn't dropped off the face of the planet... and hopefully I'll have fun things to post about soon!

0 comments: