Friday, February 17, 2012

We're halfway there - oh, livin' on a prayer...

Surgery is officially halfway over. The Bon Jovi song from my favorite chief resident's playlist only seemed an appropriate title.

Today, I received my radiation badge. Sounds like the beginning of a slow nightmare. On the upside, we found out this week that we're taking our board a day early so we can participate in Match Day activities with our buddies if we'd like. Heck yea. I'm looking forward to being an observer in the process so I can be slightly less/more freaked out about this time next year.

I have to round in the morning, but my sister, brother in law, and nephew are coming into town tonight and I'm super excited. Can't wait for some baby slobber and my late Valentine's date! A weekend of normalcy? Yesplease!

Monday brings with it vascular surgery, but it is 26 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes, 52 seconds until Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 9:00:00 AM. Come on, day 27! it's beginning to look like I might actually survive this...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you will survive!