Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Vascular, week one

Shockingly enough, I don't loathe vascular surgery as much as I thought I might. Granted I'm working more than I ever have in my life, but the first week wasn't so bad - I enjoyed some of the procedures and the attendings/fellow/residents let me do a ton of suturing/stapling. If nothing else, I'm a bit more involved over here. And blood isn't nearly as gross as poopoo (very medical term there).
I got Saturday off and was on call Sunday. Actually got a couple hours of sleep Sunday night in between stupid calls... The people of Jackson can be utterly brilliant. It's simultaneously amusing and sad. We got several Peds calls, so I ended up spending much of the early morning hours in the pER. I planned on being productive or at least human yesterday - but besides breakfast with a good friend I hadn't seen in a while, I was completely dead to the world as per usual post call.

The countdown continues. 15 days and one call left!!!

0 comments: