Saturday, January 28, 2012

Things I've learned so far on surgery...

Things I'm grateful for:
1) Awesome parking
2) The 2 lbs I lost this week
3) The fact that I have two groupmates and therefore am not always in the OR

Things I've learned so far:
1)It's better to be seen and not heard
2)It's better to be seen only when absolutely necessary
3)The student lounge is a godsend
4)Studying no longer exists
5)Call is better than regular days - at least it's semi interesting
6)Perforated bowel ruined my "liking" of any open abdominal procedure
7)The student lounge is a godsend
8)Sleep is a very hot commodity
9)Everyone else is as miserable as me, which makes for a cathartic bitching enviroment, and once again proof that..
10) The student lounge is a godsend.

2 comments:

missbethb said...

yep I enjoy this so much I got an account...this is very enjoyable for me to see a little glimpse into your becoming a doctor! Also I hope that if you go into general pediatrics that you will take on my children! :D if not thats okay too! OBTW this is Bethany :D

Unknown said...

Ha! I actually liked call. I knew what I was supposed to do. Definitely better than a regular day. I had two partners as well...much better.