Friday, January 20, 2012

The end of Peds... and scary new beginnings

Peds is officially over as of about 10:15 this morning. The last couple of weeks were good. I still prefer wards to clinic (but most people do). Good things about subspecialty week: ruled out a couple of things (endo/rheum), decided where I want to do my general clinic if I match at Batson. Saw some interesting cases, some well baby checks, and some sad things (I think I'll always have the "canikillthatparent" thought from time to time).

Last week I did heme/onc and procedures which was AWESOME. I liked the patient population (even heme more than I thought I would) and loved the LP/bone marrows/etc. Maybe I'll end up being a neonatal hematologist....?? At any rate, the whole rotation was a good experience and I'm already counting down (16 weeks) until I'm back.

Surgery rotation starts Monday. I was really upset when I first got my assignments, but I know everything happens for a reason and I've settled into more of a "understanding" role. I'm vowing here and now to find one good thing in every day (albeit the late morning coffee) for the next 8 weeks, to learn as much as I can, and to pray for it to pass quickly! Here's to new beginnings and more of those "experiences we'll never have again".

0 comments: