Friday, January 6, 2012

The "Last Holiday"

Christmas break was wonderful. It was the last time I'll get a scheduled holiday break off from school (except for June to study for Step 2) which is a little more than strange, considering I've been in school for... 22~ years. But all 'good' things must come to an end eventually.

Break was eaten up with lots of family time, including 2 nights and 3 days helping my sister with my favorite 6 month old. He's gotten SO big! We had a blast playing and catching up, but little man sure did miss his Daddy! After ten days, I headed back north. Unfortunately, the Christmas decorations had to come down right away this year - I just didn't think I'd want to waste one of my next couple quiet weekends and surgery rotation is quickly approaching.

Shortly after Christmas, I called the puppy breeder. There are several Doxie pups 'incubating' at this time, and I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on my little one in just a few months.

This week of peds was nursery, complete with NICU call. I love all of pediatrics, but my heart is still, and always be, with the tiniest miracles. What a blessing to spend a week with them. Only two more weeks left of pediatrics this year. But one week closer to M4 - and the real deal.

Happy Weekend, everybody!!

0 comments: