Monday, June 7, 2010

the first day of the rest of my life..

Today was orientation to my summer research program. General orientation was Boring (and yes, that's a capital "B") and long, but Peds orientation was short and to the point, leaving me with a free afternoon. Instead of calling, I decided to stop by the unit and see if my attending/mentor was around. That turned into an awesome idea, as I ended up spending 4 hours with her. She gave me a tour of the unit, newborn nursery, newborn lab and pharmacy, peds xray... we went to laundry and got my badge set up for scrubs (which come out of a vending-machine type apparatus - cool!). Then we went to cardio surgery conference which was also very interesting. Tomorrow will be my first full day - and full it will be. Grand Rounds, NICU rounds, a lunch meeting, afternoon developmental clinic....

I think I'm going to like this whole doctor thing.

0 comments: