Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break has come to an abrupt end...

Spring Break is over, way too quickly. I feel like the whole thing was a blur.

In one aspect, I'm looking forward to a busy and routine week. Maybe it'll help settle my feelings. Church this morning did a good job of starting. Eddie's sermon was on worry & anxiety. We're currently studying the Sermon on the Mount, and part of this morning's passage was as follows:

"Your heavenly Father already knows all of your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."
-Matthew 6:33-34

It's a passage I've always found great comfort in, and once again this morning, His love surrounded me in these words and in the congregation.

My Sunday school class has become a source of great blessing in the past month as well. Something that started so simple (as a Lenten vow) has become a great comfort and fellowship for me. I guess it's true that God truly knows our needs before we do.

What a wild ride this spring break has been... the ups and downs of the past few weeks in general can hardly be measured. I take comfort in the One who stands beside me, walks in front of me to show the way, and follows behind so that I don't get left.

135 days til orientation. I can only gaze in awe at what amazing things the Lord has in store between now and then.

0 comments: