Sunday, March 1, 2009

Scholarships?

Tomorrow morning I will be mailing in the information for a local scholarship program. Money is a good thing. Free money (as opposed to loan money) is a better thing.

I also finished and submitted the annual Tylenol Scholarship App. I have a much more slim chance of that one... since there's only about a million people who apply for it each year (yeah, I could be exaggerating).

In other news, our Lenten series at church has begun... we're talking about 168 - as in, the number of hours we each have in the week. Have you ever REALLY thought about what you do with your 168? Our Sunday school book "Waking The Dead" by Eldridge is following this right now as well - so it's sort of a double whammy for me. I've felt as though I'm going through the motions lately, always looking forward.

It's definitely time to be getting excited about what's coming, but it's also too far away to get in the future and stay out of the day. So I'm finding good in THIS day. In THIS moment. In how I can use THIS time to get me ready for what is to come.

0 comments: