Friday, September 4, 2009

A month has passed... really?

We've been in school a month now. Hard to believe. Somedays it feels like it drags, then I look behind me and realize how much we've already gone through. The rundown so far:

Gross - I still like it. I'm not crazy about lab time (or spending time in the lab when I don't have to), but it's alright. Learning the stuff is fascinating. There's a lot of it - but it's all so clinically relevant that I don't mind.

Biochem - I still hate it. This block's first lecturer was better, but then we got another accent... Will I ever get used to the accents?? Downfall of going to a tiny undergrad/grad school I suppose..

Histology - haven't had any this block, we start back next week.

Genetics - I really like Genetics, it's just hard to force yourself to study for something at A) is worth 1% of your grade and B) the professor tells you you can't fail.. He has the weirdest, most hilarious dry sense of humor too. Sometimes I find myself going "I can't believe you just said that..."

Developmental - Pretty sure I'm the only person in the class... that I know of at least... that likes developmental. The self-study is great for me, and I think the material is way interesting.. but that's the babydoc in me I guess.


Tuesday block test: genetics and biochem. Guess what I'll be spending MY weekend doing. Le Sigh. You suck biochem.

0 comments: