Friday, January 8, 2010

Real snowflakes...

Just in case anyone's missed this, Canada weather has settled into Mississippi for the week and weekend. It's absolutely frigid out there. For prosperity's sake for years from now - this is the coldest weather in Mississippi in over a decade. Yesterday we were expecting a bit of a slushy-ice storm mess, so I took the opportunity to stay home in my PJ's and learn EKG's here rather than trekking over to school, finding a parking spot, walking in said rain/ice, and getting sick again (since I'm just recovering from a cold). It was a pretty fun and useless day.

Unfortunately, I couldn't have a repeat performance today because I had QCP lab this afternoon. All worked out well though. Our new phys teacher has apparently also been sick, so we only had one hour of lecture instead of two. With the extra hour that suddenly popped up we went to Keifer's for my first experience with Greek food! Thanks M, RA, and N for that - random lunch trips are the best! The QCP "lab" at 1 was really laid back and I was home before 2, with packages on the door. Online post-Christmas shopping orders and my Christmas present from L & C! LOVE it.

Now we find ourselves at a weekend... a weekend where the temps won't get above freezing, but it doesn't matter. I've got nothing i HAVE to do, a Kindle full of books, and a list of movies I've been wanting to watch. Second semester is heavenly!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a big fan of this weather.It was 37 degrees the other day.

Anonymous said...

Sent you an email.Please read.Have a great weekend