Sunday, August 11, 2013

In the quiet of the night, you can hear the heart beat..

I've officially been "Olemissbabydoc, M.D.", for 42 days. It's still strange, still different... But I'm adjusting, along with my fellow interns. 


Many firsts have been had with many more to come. Night float month brought first orders, first pages, first uncertainty, first tears, and first reassurance that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be and doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I couldn't have asked for a better upper level to share that first month with - A never left my side and never went to bed telling me to fend for myself. She helped me learn to trust my decisions and walk through the process. Although it was exhausting, I think we both learned a lot. No babies were harmed in the making of this intern. 

This month is an entirely different bird. I'm on cardiology elective - that means M-F, 8-4ish. Those are like, real people hours! I'm slightly overwhelmed at all the re-socializing (but loving it. Although I'm a loner by nature, NF was a little TOO lonely). There's a lot of conference-going and clinic time. On that note, I also started my own clinic and have been twice so far. Now THAT is a very weird experience. The first week I had an M1.5 working with me, this week an M3. I'm looking forward to being comfortable enough that I feel like I'm actually able to teach them something - right now I think I'm pretty pitiful at that (still learning to be the doctor). Once again, I've got fantastic mentors guiding the way. 

I quickly learned that I made the exact right decision on what to do with my life as well as where to train. It's a team sport, and my team ROCKS!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning Japanese Style Laciness Lace Layered ShortsAnd Very Favorable price tag.welcome to visit our website ,i think you will like it .

Unknown said...

Hi!

I've seen you around on studentdoc and absolutely love your blog. I am doing my Master's at MC and applying to UMMC this upcoming cycle. I would love to be able to talk to you about the process if possible!