Sunday, April 15, 2012

Specialty decision

Late this week we received an email asking us our top three residency choices (so that they can assign our dean for dean's letter).

I wrote back: Pediatrics.

To which the non-medical person responded: I need three choices.

I wrote back: I suppose you can put OBGyn and Family if you really have to have two more, but the thought of anything else makes me unhappy.

To which she wrote back: You've got to have options in case you can't get in.

To which I thought: This isn't neurosurgery, folks.

Later, I came to the realization that she meant maybe "I couldn't get in" with the dean who normally does the peds letters. But the thought of spending my life doing anything BUT taking care of children? No thank you.

I'm a bonafide, certified, undeniable pediatrician-in-training. Give me stickers, suckers, and make me work for my ear exams any day. Keep your hypertension. I'm glad it takes all types to make the world go 'round, and I'm glad there's somebody out there who wants to be my doctor - cause I sure wouldn't. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! They do silly things like that. When I "only" applied to 9 programs, I got an e-mail saying that I should pick 10. Um, nope. thanks!

Unknown said...

A "critical up-date," unveiled later Download Office 2010 with Tuesday, is applicable to some in the several key software inside Office 2007--the Concept word-processing software, the actual PowerPoint business presentation app and also the Excel spreadsheet program, in line with any 'microsoft' bulletin.An attempt to be able to re-open your file together with the Office environment 2003 app in which designed Microsoft Office 2010 it may result in a damaged document, losing subject material or other glitches. Office 2010