Thursday, October 7, 2010

"....To stop thinking like a doctor, and remember what it means to think like a human being."

"They say that practice makes perfect. Theory is– the more you think like a doctor, the more you become like one, the better you get at remaining neutral, clinical, cut, suture, close - the harder it becomes to turn it off. To stop thinking like a doctor, and remember what it means to think like a human being."

It's been a lovely two weeks. Renaissance was AMAZING. I don't know why I waited so long to play that game - I'll definitely be doing some Christmas shopping there. That was Tuesday... after that I guess I went to school for a couple days, it's been a very "non school" type of couple weeks. I needed the break, but I suppose it's time to get back on the horse. I didn't realize how much break I'd need after the test block - the M3's warned, but since I didn't spend 20 hr days studying the week of tests I honestly figured I'd be alright. Guess the exhaustion kicks in no matter what.

This week has been very sluggish. Today we did ENT exams on each other, that was kinda fun. My partner played "kid" since I was the only self-proclaimed pediatrician to be in the room. She whined, moaned , and pulled her ears away from me. Fun times in M2 land. We also had our second PIG meeting today - I think it went great!

Also, M and I have secured a preceptor for ICM, even though the ICM people haven't told us a thing about when this is all going down - which is funny, seeing how it's supposed to happen in less than two weeks. As is med school - we never REALLY know what's going on.

Studying still hasn't come back full force.. but it will tomorrow. I've got a long weekend due to a lucky break on the path/ICM schedules, and I plan on catching up and getting ahead (if possible). Monday I'm playing in the NICU. Can. Not. Wait. It's been a long nine weeks not in there. We have one mandatory at two oclock, but I'll be in baby land until then :). Easely Amused after - where I'm painting "Starry, Starry Night" . I'm sure it'll be WAY better than VanGogh. Hahahaha.

0 comments: