Saturday, March 6, 2010

Let it be, Let it be, Let it be..

The title - Just an old song that came to mind earlier today as I was headed home from M's and our epic study extravaganza..

It's been another interesting (or not so) week in the life of a few M1s. We've been knee deep in respiratory physiology and PFT's.. the lady that taught us the PFT stuff was cool for about the first hour, but after 4 add'l mandatory hours, it wasn't so cool anymore. The respiratory test is on Monday, followed by the phys comp on wed and the phys national board on friday. The blessing in all of this is that there's no class this week - so it's just study time in between tests. Which is good, since about 60% of our averages are determined this week.

I found out that I'll be working in Pediatrics this summer doing research and clinical stuff, and I'm very excited about the opportunities this brings, both for this summer itself and for my future career in Peds. I'm not sure exactly which department I'll be in, we'll find out in 6 weeks or so... but I have my top choice for sure... and I'm sure more than one of you could guess it ;)

We had two tests last week, the Histo board on monday which went much better than the histo last practical & written - however, those scores came back friday and, much to my surprise, my average is not totally down the drain. If the board went well I'm looking at a happy grade in there :). Genetics was our other "treat" last week. Although Genetics counts for like 1% of our year average, its still nice to have something else completely done. Another class over. Another step closer to M2. M3. M4. MD.

At this point, we're all getting a little antsy for spring break and what it brings with it. I'm planning a trip home - both to my "northern" home and to the coast, and I hope to spend as much time as possible with friends and family. M's going on a cruise (just SLIGHTLY jealous about that one). N's going to be relaxing about like I am, as is RA. K & B are going skiing. Yup, it's going to be one good week. I've so learned to appreciate my breaks now, something I never did quite as much as I should have. I'm learning to absolutely love vacation more than ever.

May God give us the strength, focus, and encouragement we all need to make it through the next week unscathed. Take my unspoken prayers and do Your will, my Lord.

0 comments: