Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another week in the life of an M1... Pretty routine early in the week. Class, PBLs, CORs, all the usual. I'm really not a fan of nephrology. Had a frustrating start to the renal unit (too many biochem memories), but as usual, M fixed it and helped me pull it all together in the end :)

Thursday was the renal test (which went much much better than expected), followed by Histo lecture (that no one attended - also known as nap time at home to me personally), followed by a trip in the monsoon to our first patient visit. The whole "white coat = dr here to talk to you about life, not medical problems" was slightly confusing to even our very sane patient. This was good, because we were slightly confused too. Anyway, she was really, really sweet - and it was cool to have a little interaction with somebody on the premise of learning.... (whatever they seem to think we're learning). Sadly for us, our wonderful little patient may be leaving the home soon as her rehab is going well and her family's ready for her to come home. Great for her, sad for us. Means we'll have to get another one... But M and I can handle it. We always do. :)

Yesterday... Histo lab (joy, my favorite part of life */endsarcasm), followed by two hours of phys lecture (with Dr. L - hormones, this is gonna be a treat), then home to get ready for Dear John girls' night out! We did dinner at O'Charley's, then went to see the movie... Without giving away any details since most of the world hasn't seen it yet, I'd say 6 stars for eye candy but straying from the book - that always irritates me. Bop's afterwards. I love these girls. Med school = so much better now that we've got a core group, and lots of friends outside that group as well. I remember HemOncDoc telling me a long time ago as I prepared to start med school that it wouldn't be long and these people would be my best friends. It's happening, and it's lovely.

Slept in this morning (always great), now it's time to study for histology since we have a test on Monday and I've got fun plans for the rest of the weekend. Slumber party tonight (oh yes, complete middle school style with 4 giggling girls, Rock Band, and endless hours of girl talk), followed by church, group studying, and SUPER BOWL tomorrow. And somebody in the histo dept had the nerve to tell us not to party too hard. HA. My Saints are in the Super Bowl. It's on. Histo - I'd like to beat you up, but if it's a punt and my Saints win, it's still worth it.

I've put off studying long enough. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Prayer Requests:
Baby Kate - beginning her BMT workup (prayforkate.com)
NICU babies
CB kiddos
**Unspokens**

0 comments: