Sunday, March 17, 2013

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? "

On the other hand, do we really want to?

What a week. Monday I found out that I matched. But to back up a little bit, I started house shopping last Saturday with Melissa to get an idea of what I liked and mainly to keep my mind busy. I found two that I just loved.

Monday, I went with my awesome realtor for Round 2. Found two more that I liked better than most of Saturday's, with the 4th house we saw still remaining by far my love.

The week in general is a blur. I did some furniture shopping, we returned to "the house" (and I was still in love). And we waited. Waited on Friday, waited on God, waited on my future to be revealed.

Friday was exhausting. Terrifying. Nervewracking. Worth every moment of sweat and tears it took to get to this point. "Olemissbabydoc, Pediatrics, University of Mississippi". With that, the next three years of my life were sealed. The people I would train with, grow with, cry with, laugh with. In that moment, I knew I was blessed beyond measure  - and then it got better.

Momma, Daddy, Me and N went to the "top three" houses with my wonderful realtor V. Mom and Dad liked the first two, but loved the one I loved. It has a courtyard in the front for ElliKate to play, and a huge fenced yard. The details are simply perfection, the master bed and bath are awesome, the scored concrete will be a godsend for cleaning. The kitchen island will easily hold several dozen cookies for cooling and decorating (a baker's dream). The location is perfect. I made an offer that was set to expire in just a few hours.

When I woke up Friday morning, I was just a kid. When I went to bed, I had a pediatrics residency and was a pending homeowner. It was surreal and still is. All I can say is God is SO good, and we are full of praise. I continue to pray for my friends and colleagues to whom "the match" was less kind. All over the country, very qualified US seniors were denied training positions - there just aren't enough spots for the demand. And that is heartbreaking. We all worked equally as hard for this dream and we ALL deserve it. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord".... I know He is in control on His throne as always, even when we can't understand it.

A big thank you to all of you who've been with my on this journey so far, for your support and encouragement. Please join me as I begin "Growing into my Long Coat" :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!

I just wanted to congratulate you on your new job and praise you for your continued grace and humility. I've popped in and read your blog, which I stumbled upon on SDN some time ago, for a while now and it is always refreshing to read.

I am actually an MS3 from Texas. While, I still don't know what I want to do exactly, I've found that many of your blog posts have resonated with me. Keep up the great work and I am so happy for you!

-Amanda

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.