Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Becoming Aunt Meg

In a twist from general med school reporting, I'd like to update the blogging community on my newest hobby - spoiling my nephew, who arrived July 1st. He's absolutely the most adorable man I've ever laid eyes on.... I had no idea I could fall in love so fast.

A little of his birth story... my sister went to be induced Thurs night. As of Fri morning, the progress she was making didn't look like we were headed in a good direction - so my wonderful GYN residents told me to go home and be there for his almost-sealed C-section fate. By the time I made it home, he'd decided that maybe labor wasn't all that bad, as long as mom laid on one side in one position. She progressed fast and after a complicated/difficult delivery baby made his entrance into the world, changing our lives forever.

Congratulations to the two most wonderful new parents I know. I was blessed to be a part of labor and delivery, and grateful to be the proudest aunt in the world. :)

0 comments: